Monday, February 4, 2008

Pushing that boulder

I am officially on week 6 of the new job. Things are still very slow. The highlight of my week is a telephone conference tomorrow and a deposition (not work related, but it is a day out of the office) - isn't that sad. Everyone I have talked to says hang in there, but it hasn't been easy. I now live in Dilbertville, a.k.a. cubeland, my co-workers are not going out of their way to be friendly and my boss well that is an other story for an other day. If I could shut my office door (which I don't have) to knit or have a private conversation life would be so much better.
Not to continue to be Debbie Downer on this Monday but can we talk about the Patriots? Have they taken lessons from the Red Sox on how to break your heart? We will lead you on through the entire season and then they will fall apart in the last game of the season. You had to see it coming with the games in December and January the scores got closer and closer.
Now to end on a positive note to keep life in perspective. I did see my old friend Mary today who was rather impressed with my completed cable rib sock, which made me feel better. I got out of the office and walked for 20 minutes or so today. I have decent yar to knit with through March - always a good thing. And if all else fails, I am grateful for the fact that I have a job, my family is healthy and there is food in the fridge. What more can I ask for on a gray Monday?

No comments: