Friday, March 7, 2008

March: The ugliest month of the year

There is something about March that I just hate. It is not really winter, but it is not really spring either. My yard has ugly piles of sand filled snow and they lawn that is more mud than lawn. The good thing about March this year is that they clocks and being moved forward on Sunday. The mornings will be dark for a couple of weeks but it will be bright at the end of the day.
So to cheer myself up I have been knitting Jaywalkers in this bright Noro sock yarn colorway, #92 They do look pretty.

I am also working on a very simple silk lace scarf for a mom who is running my son's destination imagination team.
On the work front things are pretty much the same. We had a training on communication last week - waste of time. The HR rep was out on vacation, so no internal job prospects identified. I have been sending my resume out for anything and everything. I had applied for a job at my old agency in the WORST program in the agency and they politely declined to interview me. I am sure that it is for the best, that program is plagued with problems. I did go to the EAP for a session. The counselor was nice, but she didn't tell me anything I did not already know. "Get more sleep. Try to make appointments to get out of the office. Be careful you don't get depressed." I am so glad that I did not have to pay for that advice.

No comments: